With a name of Autumn, I was naturally ready to dive into all things fall related! This past weekend I had a little time on my hands for Fall Break and I couldn’t resist lighting a pumpkin candle and baking some yummy pumpkin bars!
This recipe originally was adapted from William Sonoma and given to me from my great aunt, but I didn’t have the exact recipe with me so it’s slightly adapted! Without further ado:
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease 9×13 pan.
- In a bowl mix pumpkin, condensed milk, 3 eggs, cinnamon, and allspice (*Pumpkin pie spice would also be great to substitute for the spices! I couldn’t find any ironically!). Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix and candied pecans over the pumpkin.
- Pour melted butter over the cake mix and pecans, making sure to leave no dry areas of powder.
- Bake 60 minutes and cool completely.