How is December 1st already this week!? I swear this has been the fastest year in my whole life. With that being said, I am so ready to jump into all things Christmas! Our tree has been up in the living room for about two weeks and Christmas radio has been on for about three! My family has a few annual Christmas traditions that really get us in the holiday spirit! So, if you are looking for a few festive things to do this month in the Louisville area, check these out!
A Christmas Carol
- This is by far my favorite Christmas tradition! Growing up my grandma loved the story of A Christmas Carol and she would go with us to the theater. She is no longer able to go, but I still love going and it always reminds me of her. Who doesn’t love the story of Scrooge and Tiny Tim to make them thankful this holiday season!?
- Check out this link for tickets! The play is presented all the way until December 23rd!
Nights before Christmas Candlelight Tour of Homes in Madison, IN
- Every year my family also goes to Madison for the tour of homes. Normally my brothers opt out on this one, so I especially love spending this time with my mom and dad. It’s so fun to see how each home decorates for Christmas and Madison is easily one of my favorite little towns ever!
- While there, you also NEED to check out the Lanthier Winery! It’s literally packed with decorated Christmas trees! SO festive!
- The last weekend to go is December the 2nd and 3rd, so check it out! Check here for more info!
Wakefield Scearce Galleries
- If you’ve never been to Wakefield Scearce you need to check it out! It’s a huge antique gallery in Shelbyville that used to be a school for girls in the 1800s. They decorate each room with Christmas decorations and they also have a huge Christmas tree in the main entrance!
- Here is a link for the gallery!
Christmas at the Galt House
- If you live in the Louisville area you have probably been to the Galt House at some point for one of their many festivities. The full link of activities this season can be found here but I want to especially mention KaLightoscope! This is truly one of the cutest things ever! There are tons of blowup, life-size luminaries that you can walk through! Other events include a Gingerbread House Contest, Christmas Village, and Holly Jolly Elf Show. Basically if you check it out you will be so full of Christmas spirit you will become an elf yourself.
Lights Under Louisville
- Another huge favorite in the Louisville area! I must admit I’v only done this once, but it was very enjoyable! For those who don’t know, Light Up Louisville is 17 miles of underground lights in Louisville’s Mega Caverns that you drive through. Take some hot chocolate and play some Christmas music while driving and you are set!
- Ticket and more information here!
Jeffersonville Skating Rink
- I also have to give a quick shout out to my hometown! Jeffersonville has a mini ice skating rink downtown that is super adorable! They sell hot chocolate and have a snack bar as well!
- For hours of operation and ticket prices, check here!
I hope you enjoy these suggestions and check some of them out! Spend some time with family and friends this season and spread some Christmas cheer! It’s truly the most wonderful time of the year!