Another cupcake recipe because I just can’t help myself! If you know me, you know one of my love languages is red velvet cupcakes. So, I couldn’t have a Valentine’s series without mentioning them! Go preheat your ovens now! You won’t be disappointed!
Red Velvet Cupcake Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (12 tablespoons) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon (or more) red food color
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 8 ounces (1 block) cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons raspberry jam
Cupcake Baking Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl, about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Beat eggs one at a time.
- Mix sour cream, milk, food coloring, and milk to the liquid mixture.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the liquid mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- Add vanilla and powder sugar.
- Mix in the raspberry jam to taste.
Go ahead and add these beauties to your Valentine’s dinner menu!