With Easter this weekend and Spring in the air, I was naturally searching my Pinterest for the perfect spring treats and I think I hit the jackpot! Especially these cute chick cupcakes! If you need an easy last minute dessert recipe check out these festive little guys!
Peeps Oreo Balls
I was at the store a few days ago and these little beauties caught my eye! Truthfully, I’m not the biggest chocolate fan so golden Oreos are my fav! My brother can cook three things: a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, macaroni and cheese, and Oreo balls. I knew if he could master Oreo balls I could too. I tried these guys out for a little twist on an easy classic! I must say they were delightful! Anddddd they only were two ingredients! SO simple!
- Package of Oreos
- Half block (4 oz.) cream cheese
- Separate the cookie and icing. Place Oreo cookie pieces in a ziplock baggie and the icing in a microwave safe bowl.
- Using a rolling pin, mash the cookies until they form small crumbs.
- With an electric mixer, beat the crumbs and cream cheese until a soft dough forms. (** I added a few sprinkles to the dough too!)
- Using your hands roll dough into ping pong sized balls. Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- On a defrost setting, microwave the icing in the bowl, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Dip the frozen Oreo balls into the melted icing.
- Add sprinkles for extra pizzazz!
These little guys were also super easy! Just use your favorite cupcake recipe and vanilla icing!
Happy Easter to everyone!